One nice & visually attractive centerpiece at a shower or party (engagement, anniversary, wedding shower, baby shower) is a blessing tree. These are quite simple to pull together & look really great!
What is a blessing tree, you ask? It is simply a way for guests to share encouraging words, words of wisdom, favorite Bible verses or quotes, a prayer, a blessing, or notes of love & congratulations. At some point during the event, simply ask the guests to fill out a card at their own convenience before they leave. You get a nice centerpiece and the honorees get personal notes to take home, read, and be blessed by!
Our church recently hosted a baby shower for two momma’s. We chose to make blessing tree centerpieces for the table…
You need –
- a tall vase decorated to your taste (as above – burlap + fabric flower, made by my sweet friend Lindsey)
- sturdy sticks with many branching parts
- stones or beads to weigh down the bottom of the vase – we used river stones
- cardstock cards, punched and threaded with ribbon of choice
- directions for guests
Here’s what you need to do:
– Decorate your vase & gather your branches.
– Make your cards. I used patterned paper — Echo Park’s For the Record: Documented collection — & my paper trimmer to make 3×4-inch cards. I also used a corner rounder to get those lovely rounded edges. I punched a hole in the top & strung them with (I think?) brown hemp.
– I also made a quick mini-banner with the babies’ names to string up in the blessing tree.
I love the spring color theme!
Here are a few other shots from the shower! Love how light & airy it turned out!