Here’s how to make your own collage minibook –
1. One of my favorite parts! Pull together all your fun supplies — paper, embellishments, any extras you might want to use like ribbon, tape, stickers, etc.
2. Gather envelopes or envelope templates. I went through old cards & notes and selected envelopes that were small. I also printed out a library pocket template (or here). You can also Google “envelope templates” and find many different templates, like at this site. We R Memory Keepers has an envelope punch board, too, that looks very handy!
3. Cut your base. For one, I used a single-sided medium weight map patterned paper for my outside, so the inside would be a white base for my envelopes & layers. For another, I used a double-sided heavy patterned paper. I didn’t write it down, but I think I cut the mini album base 10-to-12 inches long and 5-to-6 inches high. Once cut, fold your strip in half. This makes a 6×6, 5×5, or 5×6 inch mini album.
4. Make your envelopes, library pocket, tags, etc. I opened up all sides of my envelopes and simply traced them onto patterned paper I liked & wanted to use. Then I played with many different arrangements until I found ones that worked with all the patterns, sizes, etc., that I wanted.
5. Print/develop your pictures. Figure out where you want them to go + whatever journaling/sentiments/notes you’d like to express.
6. And there you go! Here are pictures of my empties alongside pictures of after I completed them.
The rest of the week I’ll share two more I made as gifts! : ) Thanks for looking!