One of last minibook I worked on was in November of 2013, and then twin pregnancy nausea hit, and my hobbies became lying on the couch while trying not to throw up, and throwing up. : )
When I had a reprieve from nausea in March, I worked on a Christmas 2012 mini album, and then a week later we received the dreaded news at the specialist appointment that our boys were developing twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) at 20 weeks gestation.
We were off to the Cincinnati Fetal Center for what would become three rounds of exhausting evaluations throughout March and April. The initial trip in March was the worst. I think the worst was not knowing how severe our TTTS was… and what possible actions might need to be taken to save the lives of our boys. Every test — the fetal MRI, the fetal ECHO, the full ultrasound on both boys — was so tense. I felt alternately hollow and weepy.
That first trip, while waiting for an afternoon appointment, I built the bones of what would become lifeline for me — a minibook centered around Truth & Hope to comfort & encourage me as we faced all these unknowns with the boys. I love this minibook. It helped me dig into the Bible & search out verses that pointed me to simply look at Christ and the hope He offers. I have worn out its pages looking through them again and again through every Cincinnati trip, through the days I was on bedrest, through my half-week on the high-risk unit when I had low fluid… it is filled with hymns, ultrasounds of the boys, pregnancy pictures… and most importantly verses… verses of life and hope and comfort. I love it.
Here is a list of verses that sustained me: Habakkuk 3:19, Psalm 111:2-3, Hebrews 10:23, Psalm 31:19, Psalm 25:10, Philippians 1:20-21, Psalm 25:10, Job 29:3, 2 Corinthians 1:8-9, Hebrews 13:9, Habakkuk 3:2, Psalm 33:20-22, James 5:11, Hebrews 10:19, Romans 8:15, Romans 5:5, Romans 4:18-21, Psalm 27:13-14, Isaiah 45:3, Psalm 119:175, Hebrews 12:27, Psalm 73:26, Job 10:12, Isaiah 43:1-2, Isaiah 42:3, John 7:38, Psalm 9:13, Psalm 118:17, Jeremiah 15:16.
Here is a list of songs I listened to non-stop (the particular version I love is in parenthesis):
- Be Still My Soul (Kari Jobe)
- O Father You are Sovereign (St. Andrews Hymns)
- Whate’er My God Ordains Is Right (Grace Community Church)
- God Moves in a Mysterious Way (Jeremy Riddle)
- Sovereign (Sarah Reeves)
- Though You Slay Me (Lauren Chandler)
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go (Ascend the Hill)
- How Emptiness Sings (Christa Wells)
- This Thing is Not Gonna Break You (Christa Wells)
- Take the World, But Give Me Jesus (Ascend the Hill)
- 10,000 Reasons (Sarah Reeves)
- A Thousand Things (Christa Wells)
- How He Loves (John Mark McMillan)
- Jesus I My Cross Have Taken (Indelible Grace)
- Worthy of It All (David Brymer)
- Come Back Soon (Andrew Peterson)